Drawing on state-of-the-art research, monitoring and evaluation methods from a range of technical expertise, Abt Associates ensures its clients are effective and on the leading edge of policy change and program impact. We help answer questions like--
- What are the most promising approaches to address current policy challenges?
- Do those approaches actually help? Are they cost-effective?
- Given that a program can work, is it being implemented well? What’s its impact? Will it work in another context?
What Do We Do?
- Perform research—using qualitative fieldwork and theoretical perspectives from psychology, economics, and organizational behavior—to identify policy problems and promising approaches.
- Conduct evaluation—using random assignment, non-experimental designs, and qualitative methods to establish whether programs work, test innovations, and determine cost-effectiveness.
- Design monitoring systems—so program managers implement their programs to achieve maximum impact.
What Distinguishes Us?
Our ability to draw on our global experience and our involvement at each stop of the continuum – research/evaluation/monitoring – gives us a richer perspective, allowing us to provide more insightful products for our clients. Several strengths set us apart:
- Technical expertise in public health, economics, demography, epidemiology, sociology, political science, management, communications, and market research
- Application of a mix of state-of-the-art qualitative and quantitative methods
- Ability to adapt rigorous approaches to low-resource environments
- Proven record in applying findings to program and policy implementation worldwide
- Comprehensive network of research partners around the world.
- Successful capacity-building in research, monitoring, and evaluation.