Economic & Regulatory Analysis
Abt Associates is the leading provider of economic and regulatory analysis to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and other federal and state agencies. We are known for our ability to develop new analytical methods that withstand scientific and public scrutiny and provide complete rulemaking support within tight timetables.
We have one of the largest interdisciplinary research groups—comprising economists, financial analysts, engineers, environmental modelers, health and environmental impact experts, and survey researchers—dedicated to developing innovative new approaches for:
- Quantifying the monetary benefits of cleaner air and water and the use of safer chemicals in commerce;
- Estimating baseline and post-regulation environmental conditions and impacts, considering both health and ecological endpoints;
- Building integrated models that combine cost, risk, and benefits data to facilitate the calculation and analysis of the benefits and costs associated with alternative regulatory options;
- Collecting new data and mining existing information systems to complete more robust market profiles and assessment of regulatory and economic impact; and
- Incorporating uncertainty analysis to better state the range of potential impacts for decision makers’ evaluation of alternative regulatory options and policies.
Read more about economic & regulatory analysis.
Switch to single-page view (no tabs)
- The SafeWater CBX Drinking Water Benefit-Cost Model
- Formaldehyde Emissions Standards for Composite Wood Products
- Calculating the Benefits of Reducing Lead Exposure
- Estimating the Benefits of Reducing Hazardous Air Pollutants
- Meta-analysis of the Economic Impacts of Extreme Climate Events
- Economic Impact of Dominion Virginia Power's Coal-Fired Power Plant
- Support for Regulation of Cooling Water Intake Structures
Questions about our work in environment, resources and climate change?
Email our team.