Human Health Benefit & Risk Assessment
With the technical expertise to complete all steps involved in health benefit and risk assessment-typically hazard identification, evaluation of dose-response/concentration-response/exposure-response, exposure assessment, health incidence data collection, and risk characterization—we have:
- Conducted benefit analyses and risk assessments for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency offices;
- Developed new methods for quantifying risk;
- Built computer models to calculate risk efficiently and cost-effectively;
- Evaluated potential human health benefits of proposed air and drinking water regulations;
- Assessed risks in vulnerable populations, such as children or those of low socioeconomic status; and
- Conducted methods research and application.
Read more about environmental health.
Read more about health benefits analysis.
Switch to single-page view (no tabs)
- Risk Assessment for National Ambient Air Quality Standard (NAAQS) pollutants including ozone, particulate matter, and sulfur dioxide. U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Office of Air Quality Planning and Standards
- Estimating the Benefits of Reducing Hazardous Air Pollutants (HAP). EPA, National Center for Environmental Economics
- Benefits Mapping and Analysis Program (BenMAP) development, maintenance and training (U.S. and foreign)
- Estimation of Asbestos Concentration Distribution. EPA, National Center for Environmental Economics.
- Costs-benefits and economic analysis of the impacts of proposed effluent guidelines and water quality standards under the Clean Water Act;
- Ground Water Rule Benefits Analysis for contaminants including arsenic, perchlorate, trichloroethylene, and trichloroethylene. EPA, Office of Water
- Analytical Methods for Assessing the Environmental Justice Implications of Environmental Regulations, EPA National Center for Environmental Economics
- National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) Environmental Justice Analysis. EPA, Office of Regulatory Policy and Management
- Environmental Justice Analysis of the Proposed Steam Electric Rule
- Environmental Justice Analysis of Post-Construction Stormwater Regulation, EPA Office of Water
- Environmental Justice Analysis of the Proposed Lead Wheel Weights Rule
- Benefits and Risk Analysis of Proposed Worker Safety Rule Revisions. EPA, Office of Pesticide Programs
- Calculating the Benefits of Reducing Lead Exposure
- Communicating TRI Health Risks to Communities
- Gene-Environment Interactions: Considerations in Federal Regulations, Policy, and Human Health Risk Assessments
- Cost of Illness Handbook. EPA, Office of Pollution Prevention & Toxics
- Lead 402(c) Economic and Regulatory Analysis: Renovation and Remodeling. EPA, Office of Pollution Prevention & Toxics
- Estimating the Benefits of the Proposed Formaldehyde Standards for Composite Wood Products Act. EPA, Office of Pollution Prevention & Toxics
Questions about our work in environment, resources and climate change?
Email our team.