Geoffrey Swenson has more than 35 years of experience in project management and agricultural economics. His work focuses on Indonesia, although his career trajectory also includes long-term assignments in Bangladesh and India and short-term work in Iraq, Malaysia, Nepal, Pakistan, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam and Yemen.
His assignments have included management and administration of more than 300 staff members; coordination of activities among four ministries at national, provincial and district levels; teaching in Indonesian universities; research with an Indonesian institute; assisting the Center for Agro Economic Research with the development of a national agricultural economics research network; work with the Bureau of Planning and the Directorate General of Estate Crops within the Ministry of Agriculture in Indonesia; economic analysis for the Ministry of Housing in Indonesia; and improvement of the management systems within four bureaus under the Secretary General of Public Works in Indonesia.
Swenson’s experience encompasses projects funded by USAID, the Asian Development Bank, International Irrigation Management Institute, World Bank, International Agricultural Development Service, Agricultural Development Council, and other nongovernmental and international development entities.
- Project management
- Project evaluation
- Poverty reduction/income distribution
- Agricultural and rural economic development
- Languages: English (native), Bahasa Indonesian (excellent speaking, good writing)
- District Readiness Assistance (DRA), MCC
- Local Governance Support Program (LGSP), USAID
- Building Institutions for Good Governance (BIGG), USAID
- Government Strengthening Project-Iraq (GSP), USAID
- Community Livelihood Project-Yemen (CLP), USAID
- Water Resources and Irrigation Management Program Project Preparation (WISMP-2), World Bank
- Coordinated Local Environmental Area Network (CLEAN), USAID