Selena Ramkeesoon, a strategic communications expert, helps build and expand work in communications and the dissemination of evidence-based practices.
Prior to joining Abt, Ramkeesoon spent close to a decade at ICF International, most recently as a vice president, where she led the federal and international communications practice. During her career, accomplishments include launching national and international multimillion dollar campaigns for the U.S Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration for Children and Families and the Health Resources and Services Administration, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Divisions of HIV and AIDS Prevention and Diabetes Translation, the CDC Center for Global Health, and the U.S. Agency for International Development.
Ramkeesoon develops omnichannel and content marketing strategies for clients, focusing on digital targeting to amplify results. She believes in delivering the right message, to the right audience, at the right time. To that end, she has developed award-winning communications collateral targeted to specific audiences and events, ensuring that consistent messaging is promoted. Ramkeesoon has honed her skills to expertly coordinate communications with U.S. government and state agencies, international development agencies, nonprofit organizations and the private sector. She speaks and trains on public relations and marketing communications.
- Social marketing
- Behavioral changecommunications
- Omnichannel strategy
- Content marketing
- Brand and reputation management
- Ramkeesoon, Selena A. and Devona Overton, Social Determinants of Health, Campaign Development and Customer Engagement. PRSA Health Academy Conference, Cleveland, OH, May 14, 2015.
- Ramkeesoon, Selena A., Devona Overton, and Ana Toro, Surround Sound II: Reaching Minorities with Health Messages – A Follow Up. PRSA 2014 International Conference, Washington, DC, October 14, 2014.
- Dr. Michelle Owens-Gary, Dr. Judith McDivitt, and Selena Ramkeesoon, Diabetes, Mental Health, and Wellness: Developing Culturally Appropriate Tools to Meet the Needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives. 8th Annual National Conference on Health Communication, Marketing, and Media, Atlanta, GA, August 21, 2014.
- Ramkeesoon, Selena A. and Ana Toro, Surround Sound: Reaching Ethnic Populations in the U.S. With Health Messages. Professional Development Workshop at the 2012 PRSA International Conference, San Francisco, CA, October 16, 2012.
- Ramkeesoon, Selena A., “Communicating Your Mission and Telling Your Story”. HHS Administration on Children and Families’ Promising Pathways Innovation Institute, Washington, DC, March 13, 2012.