Conference 10/8-10/12: Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research
Monday, October 8, 2018 – Friday, October 12, 2018
ACC, Liverpool, UK
We’re proud to be a part of The Fifth Global Symposium on Health Systems Research. This year’s theme—“Advancing health systems for all in the SDG era” —speaks directly to Abt’s work in the health systems field. We make health care efficient, accessible and equitable by:
- Empowering local leaders to use evidence for action,
- Reducing financial barriers to achieving universal health coverage and
- Leveraging private sector and domestic resources.
From “Contracting out to achieve universal health coverage” to “Sustainable funding for HIV/AIDS and TB,” we shared our experience in—and insight into—the health systems space in almost 20 sessions. Additionally, the Abt-implemented SHOPS Plus project, funded by USAID, hosted and participated in three satellite sessions:
- The private health workforce: key to expanding access to priority health services
October 8, 12:00 - 2:00 p.m., ACC Liverpool Room 4B
- Engaging with Private Providers in Low and Middle Income Countries- Strengthening Quality of Care and Effective Regulation
October 9, 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m., Jury’s Inn Hotel, Liverpool, England
Abt Principal Associate and Health Financing Director, SHOPS Plus, Jeanna Holtz presented, Strategic purchasing: Leveraging Direct and Indirect Benefits to Improve Quality, as part of the satellite session from 2:00 - 4:00 p.m.
- Beyond Vertical: Sustaining HIV Service Delivery through Health Insurance
October 10, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m., Jury's Inn Hotel
Caroline Quijada, principal associate at Abt and SHOPS Plus deputy director, discussed lessons on engaging the private sector in delivering HIV services under national health insurance programs.
Check out the full list of our sessions by clicking on the image below!
- Abt's work in Health Systems
- Improving Health Financing to Advance Toward Universal Health Coverage
- Partnerships for Success
- Achieving Universal Health Coverage: A Policy Perspective
- Improving Access to High-Quality Healthcare Through Strategic Purchasing
- Health, Finance & Governance Technical Efficiency Guide
- Strengthening Health Outcomes Through the Private Sector (SHOPS) Plus Project
- Video: Health Systems Strengthening to Help Those Most in Need
- Abt's statement on the preparatory process for the 3rd UN meeting on NCDs and Mental Health
ACC, Liverpool, UK