Abt Associates at NAWRS 2017
The Omni William Penn Hotel
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
The National Association for Welfare Research and Statistics (NAWRS) is a non-profit association that promotes the exchange of ideas on how research and statistical analysis can contribute to the development and administration of effective human services programs.
The theme of the 2017 NAWRS annual workshop is “Moving Forward to Reduce Poverty, Increase Opportunity, and Improve Human Service Delivery.”
Abt Associates’ staff will be giving 12 oral presentations at NAWRS 2017 and addressing subjects such as:
- The design and execution of the Abt-led Family Options Study;
- Examinations of reemployment programs and people receiving unemployment insurance;
- Evaluations of career pathways programs, health professions opportunity grant programs, green jobs programs, and others.
Where: The Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, Pa.
When: July 30 – Aug. 2
Visit Abt Associates at booth #6 and follow @AbtAssociates on #NAWRS.
View the entire list of Abt presentations and the complete NAWRS 2017 program.
- Article: Improving Nutrition by Limiting Choice in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- Article: Financial Incentives Increase Fruit and Vegetable Consumption among Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Recipients: A Randomized Control Trial of the USDA Healthy Incentives Pilot
- The Green Jobs and Health Care Impact Evaluation: Findings from the Impact Study of Four Training Programs for Unemployed and Disadvantaged Workers
- Report: Child and Partner Transitions among Families Experiencing Homelessness
- Article: A Design-Based Approach to Improve External Validity in Welfare Policy Evaluations
- Article: Using Preferred Applicant Random Assignment (Para) to Reduce Randomization Bias in Randomized Trials
- Brief: Building Career Pathways Systems for Education, Training and Employment