Emerging Trends and Methods in International Development Evaluation
Over the years, the number of evaluation approaches, designs, and methods has increased exponentially. For the novice—and even the more experienced—evaluator, the methodological repertoire can be overwhelming. Join us for an accessible and jargon-light discussion covering established and emerging evaluation approaches and methods.
Sebastian Lemire—co-author of the recently published Evaluation of International Development Interventions: An Overview of Approaches and Methods—will discuss recent methodological developments, methods, and approaches covered in his book. Following this overview, Abt Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) experts will join in the conversation to examine how existing and emerging methodologies can provide opportunities to generate useful evidence in the context of international development evaluations.
- Laura Peck, Principal Associate/Scientist (Social & Economic Policy), Abt Associates, US
- Betsy Ness-Edelstein, Senior Associate/Scientist (International Development), Abt Associates, US
- Mbuso Jama, Senior MERL Specialist, Abt Associates, UK
- Sebastian Lemire, Associate/Scientist (Social & Economic Policy), Abt Associates, US
- Lavinia Tyrrel, Governance & Development Practice Manager and Deputy Technical Lead, Abt Associates, Australia
We will be holding the same event over two days to ensure global audience participation. We encourage you to register for the date/time which works best for you.
EVENT 1 (March 24):
9:00 - 10:00AM EDT (US)
1:00 - 2:00PM GMT (UK)
3:00 - 4:00PM CAT (AFR)
EVENT 2 (March 25):
8:00 - 9:00PM EDT (US)
10:00AM - 12:00PM AEDT (AUS) – March 26