Event 3/27: HFG Advances Series: Health Financing Strategies
USAID Washington Learning Center
Arlington, VA 22202
The Health Finance & Governance Project (HFG) is hosting a discussion on health financing strategies as part of its Advances in Health Finance and Governance Series.
This event will focus on the following elements:
- The evolution and key elements of health financing strategies
- Why health financing is vital as countries transition to self-reliance, with examples from Africa and Asia
- The role of donors and partners in health financing strategies
- Aye Aye Thwin, Special Advisor, Office of the Assistant Administrator, Bureau for Global Health, USAID
- Elaine Baruwa, Health Economist, Health Finance & Governance Project, Abt Associates
- Hailu Zelelew, Country Manager for Ethiopia, Health Finance & Governance Project
- Maria Eugenia Bonilla-Chacin, Senior Economist, Global Financing Facility/World Bank Group
- Marty Makinen, Executive Vice-President for Health, Health Finance & Governance Project, Results for Development
When: Tuesday, March 27, 2018, 9:00 - 11:00 a.m.
Where: The USAID Washington Learning Center, Arlington, VA; or watch via Facebook Live streaming
Use the hashtag #HFGAdvances to join the conversation online!
Register for the event.
The HFG project, funded by USAID and led by Abt Associates, is a six-year (2012–2018), global project designed to improve health finance and health governance systems, leading to expanded access to health care and better health outcomes.
Visit the HFG web site.