Expanding the Housing Choice Voucher Program: Why and How
Join us for this roundtable discussion on the expansion of the Housing Choice Voucher program, which is part of the Biden-Harris agenda and likely to be considered as part of the federal budget for fiscal 2022. A panel of housing policy experts and leaders of public housing authorities will discuss why a greatly expanded program is needed, how rapidly an expansion could take place (given the capacity of the current administrative system), and how the expansion can support and promote racial justice. The panelists will also discuss improvements that should be implemented as the program is expanded. These include streamlining the program, creating incentives for landlords, and a national law prohibiting discrimination against renters who will be using a voucher to pay part of the rent.
- Jill Khadduri, Abt Associates
- Meryl Finkel, Abt Associates
- Andrew Lofton, Seattle Housing Authority
- Richard Monocchio, Housing Authority of Cook County
- Douglas Rice, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- Adrianne Todman, National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO)