Innovations in Governance: from Integration to Politics
Birdsall House Conference Center
2055 L Street NW, 5th Floor
Washington, DC 20036
New approaches to open government, freedom of information, and social accountability are revitalizing the field of government transparency. But do these approaches satisfy citizens, or sow seeds of discontent? Do they create measureable impact? Have they had unintentional consequence of “closing space” for civil society?
Join Abt Associates and Democracy International to hear practitioners discuss these initiatives’ promise and implementation lessons from the field.
The hour-long event is the first in a series called Innovations in Governance: from Integration to Politics. This practitioner seminar series will explore how new technology, approaches and global initiatives shape the landscape of good governance, with significant implications for Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Ania Calderon, CEO, Open Data Charter
- Glenn Cowan, co-founder and CEO, Democracy International
- Alan Hudson, Executive Director, Global Integrity
- Jose Daniel Jimenez Ibanez, General Coordinator of Special Projects, National Regulatory Improvement Commission, Mexico
- Tim Kessler, Principal Associate/Chief of Party, Governance Expert - Mexico, Abt Associates
- Jay Knott, Chief Business Officer, Abt Associates
- Anna Sahakyan, Director, Transparency and Accountability, Counterpart International
The event will be webcast for those who cannot attend in person.
View the event presentation by clicking on the image below
Watch the Session
Learn more about our work on Governance & Justice:
Empowering Citizens& Equipping Leaders through Governance & Justice
Strengthening Governance & Justice
Improving Transparency and Social Cohesion in Mexico (MEPP Project)
KOMPAK: A More Inclusive Indonesian Society through Effective Governance
Bolstering Governance in Papua New Guinea
Learn more about our Innovations in Governance Series