Where Do We Go from Here: Rethinking the Social Safety Net, Guaranteed Income and Racial Equity
Curious about Guaranteed Income (GI)? In the last few years, more and more communities have been implementing GI strategies. So what is GI? Who is GI intended to support? How does GI address racial inequities? Is it working?
This webinar revisited the issues Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. raised over 50 years ago when he laid out the case for GI as a potential racial justice strategy. Through a panel consisting of researchers, service practitioners, and a Mayor of a city that has implemented a GI program, this webinar explored the past, present, and future applications of GI.
- Megha Agarwal, Executive Director, The Monarch Foundation and the Bridge Project
- Mayor Melvin Carter, City of Saint Paul, Minnesota
- Amy Beth Castro, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, School of Social Policy & Practice, University of Pennsylvania
- Rhonda Jackson, Housing Advocate and Fellow, The Family Homelessness Coalition
- Henry Love, Senior Analyst, Social & Economic Policy, Abt Associates
- AshLee Smith, Senior Analyst, Social & Economic Policy, Abt Associates (Moderator)