Women Deliver 2023
Abt Associates was a proud sponsor of Women Deliver 2023, the world’s largest conference on gender equality and the health, rights, and well-being of girls and women.
Abt’s subject matter experts discussed a range of topics – from women’s leadership in global development, to the effect of climate change on women’s well-being in Tajikistan, to women’s leadership in rebuilding Ukraine’s economy.
Watch the video below to hear our takeaways from Women Deliver and learn more about our presence at the conference.
Authentic, Transformative Leadership in Global Development
Wednesday, July 5
1:30-2:30pm EDT (5:30-6:30pm GMT) | Virtual
What does authentic, transformative leadership look like in global development? We’ll explore this question with our CEO—who celebrates her 40th Abt-iversay this year—and with a leading advocate for ethical international development.
- Kathleen Flanagan, CEO, Abt Associates
- Chloe Schwenke, President and Founder of the Center for Values in International Development
- Sloan Mann, President, DT Global
- Moderator: Stephanie Landers Silva, Project Manager, IDD, Abt Associates
Inspiration Starts Here: Supporting the Leader in You!
Tuesday, July 18
7:00am – 8:30am CAT | Room MH 3.1, Kigali Convention Centre
Join us at Abt Associates’ Leadership Lounge and learn how to make positive strides towards your professional goals. Enjoy a light breakfast while exploring our career stations: Making the Most of Mentorship; Interviewing Excellence; Refreshing Your Resume; and Maintaining Your Brand. A panel of leadership models and mentors will share their global experiences, encouragement, and advice on maximizing career choices.
- Tara Ashour, Human Rights Activist and Women Deliver Young Leader
- Joan Chahenza, Senior Technical Advisor for the Power Africa Health Electrification and Telecommunications Alliance (HETA), Abt Associates
- Midori de Habich, Sr. Health Systems Advisor (and former Minister of Health, Peru), Abt Associates
- Mary Kabanyana, Sr. Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Specialist, USAID Rwanda
- Lisa Simeon, Chief Operating Officer, Abt Associates
- Moderated by: Roslyn Brock, Chief Global Equity Officer, Abt Associates
Climate Change and Women’s Well-being in Tajikistan
Monday, July 17
5:45pm – 7:00pm CAT | Virtual
- Dr. Surayo Pulatova, Health and Climate Change Specialist, Abt Associates, Healthy Mother, Healthy Baby Tajikistan
- Ms. Zebuniso Muminzoda, Country Director in Tajikistan, The Regional Environmental Centre for Central Asia (CAREC)
- Muhaiyo Orifova, Gender Mainstreaming and Communications Specialist, Equidev., Tajikistan
- Ms. Baydulloeva Jamila, Deputy Director, Agency of Hydro Meteorology of Tajikistan
- Ms. Amanda Quintana, Climate and Health Specialist, Abt Associates
Ukrainian Women’s Leadership Under Fire
The panel session will hear stories directly from female NGO, political, and academic leaders on how economic empowerment and planning for recovery is putting women at the forefront in Ukraine. The speakers will talk about current reforms contributing to gender equality and social inclusion. Through research and programming, they are building a comprehensive economic and policy response to empower women during and post war. The panel participants will share specific examples from projects supporting the Government of Ukraine to protect women’s businesses, embolden marginalized groups, build capacity for gender sensitive war damage assessment and recovery.
Wednesday, July 19
7:30pm – 8:45pm CAT | Virtual
- Maria Repko, Deputy Director, Centre for Economic Strategy
- Nataliia Shapoval, Vice President for Policy Research, Kyiv School of Economics
- Dr. Valeriia Palii, President, National Psychological Association of Ukraine
- Moderator: Nadiia Zaritska, Project Delivery Lead, Abt Associates Ukraine