Closing the gap in health equity requires a multi-layered approach. The authors explain how, by working across the social determinants of health and using multiple strategies in a transdisciplinary way, we have the greatest chance of making progress on what is the most important problem of modern public health.
Among the wide range of social and policy factors that influence health, the six social determinants of health that drive Abt’s work are:
- Economic Stability & Employment
- Education Access & Quality
- Healthcare Access & Quality
- Natural Environment & Environmental Justice
- Neighborhood, Housing & Built Environment
- Social & Community Context