Analysis and Investment for Low-Emission Growth (AILEG) Project
- Seven countries needed help strengthening their low-emission development strategies
- Abt provided technical support to this USAID-funded project
- The countries developed capacity and policies to address climate change
USAID has a strong commitment to helping developing countries transition to clean, resilient growth. The Analysis and Investment for Low-Emission Growth (AILEG) Project helped strengthen low-emission development strategies, data systems, economic assessment and investment analyses in seven countries. Abt Associates provided technical support for the effort.
AILEG worked with seven countries—Colombia, Guatemala, Jamaica, Kazakhstan, Mexico, the Philippines, and Vietnam—that defined their needs for technical assistance from the centrally managed project. Activities included gap analysis, data strengthening across sectors, analysis, and policy planning.
More than 20 country-level—and four global—activities were carried out with AILEG support. Among the results:
- More than 100 people—almost half female—were trained in climate change analysis.
- More than 400 institutions improved their ability to address climate change
- Seventeen laws or other policies were developed at the national and subnational levels
- Seven partnerships were established to increase national capacity to address climate change