EPA Climate Communication Efforts
Abt Associates supports maintenance and ongoing improvements to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Climate Change website, including the launch of the updated Household Carbon Footprint Calculator and updates to the climate change impacts and adaptation pages.
Abt also is assisting EPA’s Climate Change Division (CCD) in
- Updating existing climate science fact sheets;
- Creating new fact sheets;
- Developing and implementing strategic communications to engage and educate various non-expert publics;
- Testing and reviewing outreach materials on climate change; and
- Building capacity in outreach for CCD staff.
Abt organized a series of webinars for CCD staff on topics such as Google Analytics, design of infographics, and climate change communication. We are producing a promotional outreach plan for the new Carbon Footprint Calculator as well as the EPA report “Climate Change in the United States: Risks of Inaction and Benefits of Mitigation,” which Abt Associates helped prepare under a separate project. Abt also is supporting the creation of a climate change social media calendar, which will help coordinate climate outreach efforts across the agency.