Preparing for Coastal Flooding—A Guidebook
- Risk of coastal flooding likely will grow due partly to climate change
- Abt developed a science-based resource to prepare for flooding
- The federally funded document is available for download for free
The risk of coastal flooding is expected to grow in most U.S. regions as climate change contributes to increases in sea level, severe storms, storm surges and changes in precipitation patterns.
Abt developed a guide to help the public prepare for the health risks associated with coastal flooding. It answers key questions about coastal flooding in a changing climate:
- Why these events are on the rise
- How they might affect health
- What can be done before, during and after an event to stay safe
We used peer-reviewed synthesis and assessment products to provide science-based information. We also made the language and graphics user-friendly.