Abt Publishes 2022 Mission Impact Report
Advancing equity, health, clean energy, economic opportunity and more despite COVID-19 and a disrupted world
In 2022, Abt Associates tackled the world’s most pressing issues from COVID-19 surveillance and health systems resilience to homelessness, climate justice, education, and food security. Our 2022 Mission Impact Report highlights our work in the U.S. and more than 50 countries to improve the environment and economic security, equity, governance, and health for people and communities amid the pandemic and a disrupted world.
"From our founding to today, Abt has pioneered what it means to be a social impact organization, inside and out,“ said President and CEO Kathleen Flanagan. “It’s our founding DNA, and it’s what makes Abt effective and resilient."
The report details Abt’s impact in the U.S. and around the world, how our global staff of 3,600:
- Helped the CDC collect data showing children’s vulnerability to COVID-19, revise opioid prescription guidelines, and raise awareness about prediabetes risk.
- Provided in-depth guidance on how to develop strategies to enhance U.S. housing affordability and foster inclusive communities.
- Transformed Cambodia’s horticulture sector, catalyzed nearly $8 billion in clean energy investment in the Mekong Delta, and strengthen health systems around the world.
- Protected 35 million people from Cambodia to Cameroon to Colombia against life-threatening malaria.
- Develop business coalitions in Asia that work with companies to improve workplace cultures and remove policy barriers and advance workplace gender equality.
- Partnered with UN Women to conduct the first robust study analyzing the cost of intimate personal violence to the economies of the Solomon Islands, Fiji, and the Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- Collaborated with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection to update industrial emissions-permitting for areas that may be overburdened with pollution, environmental degradation, and the effects of climate change.
From tracking and dramatically reducing Abt’s carbon footprint, to adopting world-leading standards for gender and pay equity—our Mission Impact Report also details the organization’s long-term commitments and contributions to the wellbeing of our people, operations, and communities.
“Abt’s mission has never been more important, the issues we face as a society more urgent,” Flanagan said. “We are deeply proud of our work and impact. We are equally proud of how we got here and the organization we strive to be, inside and out.
About Abt Associates
Abt Associates is a global consulting and research firm that combines data and bold thinking to improve the quality of people's lives. We partner with clients and communities to advance equity and innovation—from creating scalable digital solutions and combatting infectious disease, to mitigating climate change and evaluating programs for measurable social impact—and more.