Chanry Im has more than ten years of experience directing monitoring and evaluation and technical assistance for national health programs in Cambodia, working with government stakeholders from the peripheral, sub-national, and national levels. Trained as epidemiologist, he also has experience in health management information systems (HMIS). He has focused on technical support to enhance the patient-level data management system, which leads the data-driven decision-making for program interventions and planning. Im has successfully provided technical assistance (TA) to the national TB program of Cambodia to transform TB patient MIS from a paper-based to web-based system for real-time data collection.
Im currently serves as Chief of Party (COP) for the PMI VectorLink malaria prevention and control project in Cambodia, providing overall strategic direction, operations management, technical leadership, and financial and administrative compliance for all project activities to ensure they meet desired outcomes on time and within budget. He plays a key role in coordinating with national malaria program and oversees the project’s key entomological monitoring activities for integrated vector control. He guides key project and country-level vector control decisions based on data analysis and interpretation.
Im has extensive experience working with the national programs of TB and HIV, as well as malaria, to address HMIS challenges and solutions in Cambodia.
With the Health Information Policy and Advocacy project, he held positions ranging from TB information system advisor to DOCP and COP, providing TA to the MOH and national TB program to maintain the web-based information system and capacity building at the national and province levels. Im has also worked with Cambodia’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, Dermatology and STD as senior technical advisor for Strategic Information under the EpiC project.
- Health management information systems
- Electronic case-based surveillance for HIV and TB
- Data management and statistical analysis
- Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC), USAID
- Health Information Policy and Advocacy (HIPA), USAID
- TBCARE I, USAID
- National Center for HIV/AIDS, Dermatology and STDs. (2020). Standard Operating Procedure on Appointment-spacing and Multi-Month Dispensing (MMD) of Antiretroviral (ARV) Treatment for People Living with HIV in Cambodia. Phnom Penh.
- National Center for HIV/AIDS, Dermatology and STDs. (2020). Standard Operating Procedure for HIV Self-Testing in Cambodia. Phnom Penh.
- National Center for HIV/AIDS, Dermatology and STDs. (2019). Concept Note on HIV Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) Implementation in Cambodia. Phnom Penh.
- National Center for HIV/AIDS, Dermatology and STDs. (2019). Standard Operational Procedure for Data Quality Assurance. Phnom Penh.
- National Center for HIV/AIDS, Dermatology and STDs. (2019). Concept Note on The Same Day ART Initiation in Cambodia. Phnom Penh.
Countries Served In: