Ernest Fletcher is an international development professional with 15 years’ experience in the planning, implementation, and management of education and public health programs. He has a special interest in program design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation and capacity building. He has worked in Ghana and Mozambique and provided remote vector control program implementation support to countries including Senegal, Madagascar, Burkina Faso, and Sierra Leone. He has worked closely with Ministry of Education (Ghana) and Ministry of Health staff in several countries.
As Chief of Party (COP) of the PMI VectorLink Project in Mozambique, Fletcher and his 32-member team work with Mozambique’s National Malaria Control Program to plan and implement malaria vector control interventions. This includes indoor residual spraying (IRS) and entomological monitoring. He has led capacity building and mentorship activities for provincial-level staff as part of the project’s sustainability efforts. As a member of the Mozambique IRS technical working group, Fletcher has facilitated national-level trainings and contributed to discussions to harmonize the implementation of IRS for all partners in Mozambique. He also has provided technical information for drafting a national IRS implementation manual for Mozambique.
Before becoming COP, Fletcher worked as a regional vector control manager, supporting the planning and implementation of vector control activities in seven countries in West and southern Africa. In addition, he led capacity building and technical assistance efforts for country programs. He facilitated capacity-building boot camps for project and Ministry of Health staff in countries such as Mozambique, Senegal, and Sierra Leone. He previously worked in Ghana as a monitoring and evaluation manager. He then worked as country operations manager for Ghana and then as the country operations manager for Mozambique under the VectorLink project.
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Capacity building and strengthening
- Project management and implementation support
- Malaria vector control interventions
- PMI VectorLink Project
- Africa IRS Project
- USAID/Ghana Grants & Reporting Accountability Improve Literacy (GRAIL) program
- Center for Educational Development, Evaluation and Management (CEDEM) School Projects
- Mends-Brew Edwin, Fletcher Afenyi Ernest (2016). Indoor Residual Spraying (IRS) and Its Impact on Malaria Prevalence in West Africa; Using the Panel Data Regression Model. Science Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics. Vol. 4, No. 1, 2016, pp. 12-20. doi: 10.11648/j.sjams.20160401.12.
- Drafor Amenyah, Ivy, and Ernest Afenyi Fletcher (2013). Factors Determining Residential Rental Prices. Asian Economic and Financial Review. Volume 3 (1): 39-50.
Countries Served In:
- Ghana, Mozambique, Senegal, Sierra Leone