Stephen Mukwasiyo is a public financial management specialist, accountant with 14 years’ experience in health finance management and health system strengthening. He has worked with international accounting regulatory and compliance frameworks and has experience in financial management monitoring, evaluation, and learning biased to indicator setting. Mukwasiyo has strengthened the technical capacity of national and sub-national staff in Zambia and developed performance, finance data collection, analysis, response, and reporting tools.
Mukwasiyo provides leadership in public financial management strengthening strategies and activities at the national level in Zambia and is responsible for coordinating with local USAID administration on strengthening budgeting and planning activities and supporting program management in expenditure tracking and budget reconciliation. He offers technical supportive supervision and oversaw the roll out of Microsoft Dynamics Nav in 64 health institutions, which reduced accounting audit queries at national and sub national levels.
Mukwasiyo previously worked as a public financial management specialist for the Abt-led USAID Systems for Better Health project in Zambia, in which he supported the Ministry of Health to strengthen the implementation and monitoring of public financial management systems at the sub- national level.
- Public financial management
- Healthcare financing
- Monitoring and evaluation
- USAID Systems for Better Health, Zambia
- USAID Supporting an AIDS- Free Era, Zambia
- Akros research, Zambia
- Strengthening funds disbursements for healthcare; recurrent departmental charges and service delivery in Zambia (ZGJRD 0217192 www.cj-ipbs.com/home April 2019 vol2/Q2 pg22 - ISNB: 978-9982-9993-0-4)
- Driving the bank’s car– Effects of loans on households. (Published; Central Tanganyika press 2016, ISBN 978 9976 89 476 1).
Countries Served In: