Dr. Sam Hanna, Abt’s Chief Solutions Officer (CSO), brings over 20 years of experience in technology, domestic and global health, executive management, academia, and innovation to his role. He has held senior positions at the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) and major consulting firms and has been a professor at The George Washington University School of Public Health and a professor and associate dean at American University.
In his role as CSO, Hanna oversees the client impact Abt generates in areas such as Research, Digital, Technical Assistance, and Equity. He supervises teams focused on delivering high-quality solutions and innovation to our clients’ most pressing problems. Hanna reports to President and CEO Kathleen Flanagan and serves on the Executive Leadership Team.
Hanna most recently served as Senior Advisor at USAID for the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief & Global Health Bureau. He advised the agency on its global health strategy and technology efforts.
Before USAID, he held leadership positions, including Chief Innovation, Strategy and Marketing Officer roles, at consulting firms such as PwC and Deloitte. At PwC, he led the product/solutions incubator, resulting in a pipeline of over $500 million and new revenues in excess of $250 million.
Hanna has been active in academia as a professor, launching a Master’s program in Health Analytics at The George Washington University and teaching Management, Leadership, Strategy, Innovation, and Emerging Tech, from artificial intelligence to blockchain. He also served as professor and Associate Dean at American University, where he developed graduate and undergraduate programs centered on healthcare, data science, and workforce skills development.
- Go to market strategies
- Digital solution incubation and productizing
- Executive leadership and management
- Change management and communication
- Healthcare strategy
- Higher education administration
- Designed and developed growth strategies for several Fortune 50 companies
- Incubated innovative solutions and products for global consulting firms
- Led mergers and acquisitions and post integration of key acquisitions
- Advised and designed Health Information Systems for several African countries
- Digital Health Envoy to the Middle East