Edward (Ned) Hoyt works on clean energy projects, as well as the design and implementation of programs to foster development of such projects, in Africa and Latin America. Based on his extensive field experience in both regions, Hoyt has developed a deep understanding of energy markets there and opportunities for clean energy investment.
Prior to joining Abt, Hoyt was a principal in clean energy at Nexant, a leading provider of professional services and solutions to the energy industry, government and development institutions. While there, he advised and/or led USAID-funded projects to expand clean energy generation, including USAID’s Power Africa Initiative, as well as the Africa Infrastructure Program (AIP) and the Regional Clean Energy Investment Initiative (RCEII).
Previously, Hoyt was a co-founder of Econergy, a diversified clean energy company that built and managed the operation or construction of 260 megawatts of renewable energy generation in the Americas. During15 years at Econergy, Hoyt took on duties ranging from developing the company's corporate social responsibility initiatives to managing its consulting division and serving as director of its Mexican affiliate, EIC Consultores de México, from 1995 to 2000.
- Renewable energy project development
- Carbon emissions reduction projects
- Sustainable development and corporate social responsibility strategies
- Communication on carbon and renewable energy
- Project finance
- Energy policy
- Languages: Spanish (fluent), Portuguese (fluent), French (proficient), Arabic (proficient)
- Power Africa
- Africa Infrastructure Program
- Regional Clean Energy Investment Initiative