Jennifer Turnham is an accomplished housing researcher and policy analyst with more than 15 years of experience in producing high-quality data analysis, reporting and training, with a track record of strong people and project management.
Turnham conducts research on affordable housing for federal, state and local clients. She rejoined Abt in 2017, but originally began working at Abt Associates in 2000, spending 15 years as a senior associate. During this time she worked on studies of administrative costs in the Housing Choice Voucher program, the use of Community Development Block Grant funds for disaster recovery, and housing counseling for foreclosure prevention.
In between her time at Abt, she was an expert in the Office of Public and Indian Housing in the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. While there, she conducted data and policy analysis, including developing guidance and technical assistance materials for the implementation of the Housing Opportunities Through Modernization Act of 2016 and new lead-based paint requirements for the Housing Choice Voucher and Project-Based Voucher programs.
- Qualitative research
- Cost analysis
- Housing program operations
- Technical assistance
- Program and policy analysis
- Meryl Finkel, Jennifer Turnham, Larry Buron, Melissa Vandawalker, and Bulbul Kaul, Abt Associates; Kevin Hathaway, RSG; Chris Kubacki, Phineas Consulting, “Housing Choice Voucher Program Administrative Fee Study,” U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, August 2015.
- Jonathan Spader, Jennifer Turnham, Abt Associates, “CDBG Disaster Recovery Assistance and Homeowners' Rebuilding Outcomes Following Hurricanes Katrina and Rita,” Housing Policy Debate, Volume 24, January, 2014
- Michelle Wood, Jennifer Turnham, Gregory Mills, Abt Associates, “Housing Affordability and Family Well‐Being: Results from the Housing Voucher Evaluation,” Housing Policy Debate, March, 2010
- Amy Minzner, Jennifer Turnham, Abt Associates, “Methods for Assessing What Drives Success in Locally-Driven Community Development Interventions,” Abt Thought Leadership Paper, November 2016