Diana Silimperi is an international public health pediatrician and epidemiologist. She brings nearly 30 years of global experience leading the planning, design and implementation of primary health care and health system strengthening programs in more than 25 developing countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Silimperi has specialized in the design, implementation and monitoring of maternal, newborn and child health, family planning and TB/HIV program interventions, working with both the public and private sectors.
Silimperi leads Abt Associates’ global health portfolio, which includes nearly 1,400 staff members working in approximately 60 developing countries. Before joining Abt in 2012, Silimperi was vice president of the Center for Health Services at Management Sciences for Health, where she managed 750 staff members in more than 25 countries and focused on expanding the coverage of quality care and strengthening financial health systems.
Silimperi is a distinguished expert in health system strengthening, with in-depth experience in quality of care, performance-based financing and the rebuilding of systems in post-conflict countries. Throughout her career, she has been an advocate for equitable access to health care and for the special health care needs of the urban poor. She is an expert in urban health systems and a founding member of the International Society for Urban Health.
- Health systems strengthening programs
- Maternal, newborn and child health
- Infectious disease program interventions
- Quality assurance and performance improvement, including standards and accreditation
- Integrated service delivery across the continuum of care and the delivery system
- Urban health
- Implementation research
- Epidemiology and public health
- Surveillance systems
- Languages: English (native); Spanish, Portuguese, Bangla, Mandarin Chinese, Swedish