Rodolfo Camacho leads Abt’s International Development Division’s Climate-Smart Development practice and business development unit. He has more than 25 years of experience working on environmental protection, water resources and climate change.
Since joining Abt in 1993, Camacho has served as director and senior advisor for numerous national and international projects. He has led multidisciplinary teams conducting strategic environmental evaluations; implementing water, sanitation and hygiene programs; and formulating integrated river basin management strategies. He has extensive experience and expertise in the implementation of projects on climate change, hydrologic modeling, flood control, water quality analysis, fate and transport of pollutants, trans-boundary water and ecosystem management, pollution control strategies and air quality. His project experience spans 20 countries with a focus on Central and South America and Asia.
- Climate Economic Analysis for Development, Investment and Resilience (CEADIR), U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID/E3)
- District Readiness Assessment and Preparatory Support Services for the Green Prosperity Project-Indonesia, Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC)
- Building Capacity for Climate Resilience in Tajikistan, Asian Development Bank (ADB)
- Integrated Climate Change Adaptation and Watershed Management Program for the Grijalva and Usamacinta Watershed, Inter-American Development Bank (IADB)
- Analysis and Investment for Low-Emission Growth (AILEG), USAID/E3
- Pakistan Safe Drinking Water and Hygiene Promotion Project, USAID/Pakistan
- Integrated Food Security Project, USAID/Bolivia