Bonnie Kligerman is an organizational development, instructional design and training specialist with more than 20 years of experience working on capacity development programs. A certified performance technologist, she uses a rigorous approach to individual and institutional strengthening. It includes assessments, integrated design and implementation of capacity-building activities and participatory processes to increase involvement and commitment of partners and stakeholders to achieve organizational goals. Kligerman specializes in design and development of blended learning solutions that incorporate eLearning, instructor-led courses, self-study, coaching and train-the-trainer--all based on best practices for adult learners.
Kligerman manages a $70 million portfolio of three USAID-funded projects that address Ethiopia’s public health needs. The projects cover capacity strengthening for healthcare financing reform and private health sector participation. She manages seven people and provides leadership and quality assurance for contractual, financial and technical excellence. As Abt’s senior capacity strengthening advisor, she helps align organizational and individual capacity development with institutional goals. She manages teams in the design, development and execution of learning and performance-enhancement interventions. She also serves as technical advisor for the Systems for Better Health Project.
Kligerman has developed capacity strengthening solutions for numerous Abt projects. For the Zambia Systems for Better Health project, she developed a performance improvement strategy that used a continuous assessment tool and a low dose, high frequency training and coaching approach. She blended training, integrating eLearning and instructor-led training for the Strengthening Private Sector Project, Nigeria, and the Abt Behavior Change Communication eLearning Activity. She also led a leadership and management development program for national and district level Ministry of Health staff for the Support for Service Delivery Integration – Systems Project. Before Abt, Kligerman worked at Banyan Global, where she managed the design and development of project capacity building initiatives.
- Project management
- Instructional design
- Development of organizational needs assessment
- Conducting organizational needs assessment
- Design of organizational capacity development strategy
- Development of eLearning activities, instructor-led training, and blended learning
- Apply adult learning strategies to appropriate development interventions
- Private Health Sector Project Ethiopia
- USAID Ethiopia Health Financing Improvement Program
- Transform: Primary Health Care
- Systems for Better Health Project
- Health, Finance and Governance Project: Strengthening HIV/AIDS NGOs in Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia; and HFG Peru Proyecto Políticas en Salud
- Support for Service Delivery Integration – Systems Project, Malawi