Ellen Bobronnikov has extensive research and evaluation experience in educational and social policy in both domestic and international contexts. Her focus includes project management, evaluations of federal and local programs, and the provision of technical assistance. She has experience conducting impact, implementation, and process studies.
Bobronnikov has overseen dozens of studies and currently serves as a project lead for studies in fields ranging from educational policy to scientific research to food and nutrition policy. She specializes in conducting comprehensive reviews of national programs using data collection methods such as surveys, interviews, and site visits, and in reviewing and synthesizing the best evidence from the field. To review the Farm to School initiative for the U.S. Department of Agriculture, Bobronnikov recently oversaw an effort to assemble the census of the nearly 20,000 school food authorities across the country.
Abt has been home to Bobronnikov’s work for more than two and a half decades, during which she has brought a notable depth of experience in evaluating K-12 educational programs and postsecondary preparation, with both domestic and international projects. She also brings field experience in work related to food and nutrition and health policy. Notable clients include the U.S. Department of Education, the U.S. Agency for International Development, the National Science Foundation, and the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Her work has impacted states across the U.S., as well as national systems in Malawi, Tanzania, the Russian Federation, and several former Soviet republics.
- Project management
- Education policy
- Program evaluation
- Technical assistance
- Systematic reviews
- Data collection via surveys, interviews, and site visits
- Qualitative and quantitative analytic methods
- What Work Clearinghouse certified reviewer
- Study of Student Support and Academic Enrichment Grants (Title IV-A)
- Farm to School Census and Comprehensive Review
- Analytic and Technical Support to Mathematics and Science Partnerships
- Evaluation of the Centers for Chemical Innovation
- Formative Evaluation of the Integrated NSF Support Promoting Interdisciplinary Research and Education (INSPIRE) Program
- Evaluation of the Robert Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program
- What Works Clearinghouse (WWC) Postsecondary Education Postsecondary Preparation Evidence Reporting
- Malawi National Reading Program – YESA
- Bobronnikov, Price, C., Prenovitz, S., Hausdorff, K. “National Reading Program – YESA, 2018 National Reading Assessment in Malawi.” Cambridge, MA: Abt Associates, Inc., 2019.
- Bobronnikov, Brune, M., Silverman, A. “Mathematics and Science Partnerships, Summary of Performance Period 2016 Annual Reports.” Cambridge, MA: Abt Associates, Inc., 2018.
- Bobronnikov, Velez, M. Roy, R., Burke, S., Cummings, K., Lack, K., Silverman, A., “Implementation and Outcomes of Science and Engineering Apprenticeship Program (SEAP) and the Naval Research Enterprise Internship Program (NREIP).” Cambridge, MA: Abt Associates Inc., May 2017.
- Bobronnikov, E., Velez, M., Roy, R., Gamse, B., Price, C., Parsad, A., “The Noyce Teacher Scholarship Program: Program Evaluation Findings,” Cambridge, MA: Abt Associates Inc., May 2017.
- Bobronnikov, E., Sahni, S.D., Fernandes, M., & Bozzi, L. “A Guide for Reporting on Rigorous Evaluations for the US Department of Education Mathematics and Science Partnerships (MSP).” Cambridge, MA: Abt Associates Inc., March 2013.