Jason Ray Hutchison brings 17 years of experience at the intersection of development, diplomacy, and defense. He enjoys engaging diverse sets of stakeholders to translate ambition into action across the foreign policy and assistance lifecycle, including strategy, business development, and program portfolio management. Jason has a wealth of technical expertise in energy, climate change, and economic growth, as well as crisis management, humanitarian assistance, governance, human rights, political-military affairs, and security cooperation. Jason has lived and worked in the United States, Europe, Southeast Asia, and Sub-Saharan Africa, and has experience with the Middle East, North Africa, and South Asia.
Jason leads Abt’s clean energy and climate mitigation account, collaborating with global development clients such as USAID to help countries achieve a more just, prosperous, and sustainable future. Jason ensures our clients, partners, and beneficiaries get the best of Abt’s climate mitigation capabilities for the built environment, including energy, waste and pollution, circular economies, sustainable infrastructure, urban resilience, and transport.
Before joining Abt, Jason was Chief of Staff for Deloitte’s $3.7B Infrastructure, Transport & Regional Government sector, coordinating member firms and leading development of new market offers while achieving 25% revenue growth. Previously, Jason led dozens of staff in Deloitte’s international development practice, managed all aspects of a $20M Power Africa program, and advised on USAID and UNDP program design, work planning, and engagement strategies, globally. Earlier, as a U.S. diplomat, Jason coordinated with the White House on the post-ISIS future of Iraq and Syria, represented the United States at NATO, and shared oversight of foreign assistance portfolios up to $560M.
- Climate and energy transitions
- Crisis management, stabilization, and resilience
- Humanitarian assistance
- Democracy, human rights, and governance
- Political-military affairs and security cooperation
- USAID Energy II IDIQ
- USAID Mongolia Energy Governance Activity
- Dan Potash, Jason Hutchison, et al. “Accelerating Africa’s Low-Carbon Future: Scaling Blended Finance to Realize Africa’s Energy Future.” Deloitte Consulting LLP. September 2022.
- Andrew Smith, Jason Hutchison, et al. “Accelerating Africa’s Low-Carbon Future: Natural Gas as a Bridge to a Low-Carbon Future in Africa.” Deloitte Consulting LLP. September 2022.
- Eunice Biritwum, Jason Hutchison, et al. “Accelerating Africa’s Low-Carbon Future: The Role of Grid Modernization.” Deloitte Consulting LLP. September 2022.
- “For Passion or Power: Buddhism and Communism in Cambodia and Laos,” Yale Journal of International Affairs, (Spring/Summer 2009).
- “The South China Sea: Confusion in Complexity,” Critique: A Worldwide Student Journal of Politics, (Spring 2004).