Jenna Scott, Ph.D., has led projects for federal, state, and private sector clients in the fields of education and collective impact. She uses culturally responsive evaluation and capacity building frameworks in her work. Dr. Scott is a subject matter expert on issues related to racism and ethnocentrism in education; college readiness, access and success; school turnaround; culturally responsive and relevant professional learning; human capital management systems; and strategic planning through an equity mindset. She leads technical assistance efforts in support of educational equity.
Dr. Scott came to Abt from Westat where, for more than 10 years, she managed projects promoting equitable results in educational outcomes for the U.S. Department of Education. Prior to joining Westat, Dr. Scott worked to assess the effectiveness the Department’s Title III and Title V programs at the U.S. Government Accountability Office.
- College readiness, access, and success
- Educator quality and effectiveness
- Collective impact
- Culturally responsive evaluation and capacity building frameworks
- Participatory evaluation frameworks
- Finster, M., Beatson, C., & Scott, J. (2022). Moving toward talent management system alignment: Eight steps to increase coherence among talent policies and practices. Rockville, MD: Region 14 Comprehensive Center at Westat.
- Finster, M., Beatson, C., & Scott, J. (2022). Talent management alignment workbook: An introduction. Rockville, MD: Region 14 Comprehensive Center at Westat: A multimedia resource.
- Gray-Adams, K. & Scott, J. (2022). Let’s get critical: Using critical race theory as an evaluation framework. Evidence in Equity Webinar Series, CEO DEI Collaborative, Rockville, MD.
- Gray-Adams, K. & Scott, J. (2022). Let’s get critical: Using critical race theory in evaluation and capacity building. Westat Webinar Series, Rockville, MD.
- Gray-Adams, K. & Scott, J. (2022). Using a critical race theory lens in evaluation (workshop presenter). Racial Equity Action Leadership Workshop, Rockville, MD.