René Nutter has two decades of experience with program operations and evaluations. She currently focuses on food security, with an emphasis on children. She directs evaluation studies, technical assistance, and training projects for the public and private sectors both domestically and internationally. She trains and manages large staff teams to produce high quality data on time and within budget.
Nutter is project director on the Child Nutrition Evaluation of the 2019-2022 Summer Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) Program, Child Nutrition Summer EBT for Children 2015-2018 Evaluation, and Child Nutrition Administrative Review and Training Grants Evaluation. She serves as a senior interviewer for the Regional Educational Laboratory Evaluation and data collection for the Gates Agronomy Evaluation in Ethiopia. She is the task lead for the literature review, gap analysis, and distributor interviews for the Comprehensive Review of Farm to School project. Nutter helps stakeholders understand successes and gaps to improve programs.
Before her focus on food security, Nutter worked on a wide variety of projects involving young adults and children at various stages of development. Topics included teen pregnancy, early learning, childhood language development, turning around chronically low-performing schools, expanding college opportunities and vocational job training. Her roles included both federal and private sector leadership positions.
- Project Management
- Contract Operations
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Data Collection
- Training Development
- Technical Assistance
- Field Engagement
- Evaluation of the 2019-2022 Summer EBT Program
- Summer EBT for Children 2018 Evaluation
- Comprehensive Review of Farm to School
- Child Nutrition Administrative Review and Training Grants Evaluation
- National School Lunch and School Breakfast Programs: Access, Participation, Eligibility, and Certification Study (APEC II)
- Systematic Review and Application of Evidence to Food Security Solutions with Feeding America
- Strategic Assessment of Biofortification and Collective Impact of Gates Foundation’s Investments
- Kelsey, M. & Nutter, R.E. (2015). “Let’s Talk About Sex: Achieving High Response Rates When Asking Teens about Sexual Behaviors”. AAPOR Conference May 2015.