American Evaluation Association’s (AEA) Annual Conference (2020)
Abt Associates is proud to participate in Evaluation 2020, the annual conference of the American Evaluation Association. Our experts will be on hand (virtually) to share their latest research and evaluation insights.
The theme of this year’s event is “How Will You Shine Your Light?” in Evaluation Practice? Hear what our researchers had to say:
Abt is a global leader in state-of-the-art research, monitoring, and evaluation. We invite you to stop by our virtual booth and chat with our experts to learn more about our world-class impact evaluations, mixed methods research approaches, and more.
Our staff will participate in the following presentations:
Wednesday, October 28 | 4:00 – 4:45 p.m.
Session: Mapping the ECB Waterways: Findings from a Structured Review and Citation Analysis
- Abstract 1: The Webs We Weave: Communities, Influences, and Knowledge Development in ECB
Authors: Sebastian Lemire, Abt Associates; Leslie Ann Fierro, International Development Research Centre; Isabelle Bourgeois, University of Ottawa; Ann Marie Castleman, Minji Cho, Claremont Graduate University
- Abstract 2: Evolving our Thinking in ECB: Insights from a Structured Review
Authors: Minji Cho, Claremont Graduate University; Isabelle Bourgeois, University of Ottawa; Leslie Ann Fierro, International Development Research Centre; Sebastian Lemire, Abt Associates; Ann Marie Castleman, Claremont Graduate University
- Abstract 3: The Promise and Pitfalls of Existing ECB Strategies: Insights from a Structured Review
Authors: Ann Marie Castleman, Claremont Graduate University; Isabelle Bourgeois, University of Ottawa; Leslie Ann Fierro, International Development Research Centre; Sebastian Lemire, Abt Associates; Minji Cho, Claremont Graduate University
- Abstract 4: A Discussion on Future Trends in Evaluation Capacity Building
Facilitator: Leslie Ann Fierro, International Development Research Center
Thursday, October 29 | 9:00 – 9:45 a.m.
Session: Building Evidence through Mixed-Methods Research: Examples from Three Social Innovation Fund Evaluations
Chair & Discussant: Sebastian Lemire, Abt Associates
- Abstract 1: A Mixed-Methods Approach to Evaluating a Well-Defined Program Model
Authors: Judith Alamprese, Abt Associates
- Abstract 2: What to Do When Your Evaluation “Target” is Moving
Author: Allan W Porowski, Kerry Hofer, Abt Associates
- Abstract 3: Using Mixed Methods to Uncover Which Elements of a New Program Can Be Implemented Effectively
Authors: Anne Paprocki, Society Policy Research Associates, Hannah Betesh, Abt Associates
Thursday, October 29 |1:00 – 1:45 p.m.
Session: Prosecutor Impact: Clarifying Codification and Continuous Improvement
Session Facilitator: Lisanne F. Brown, Abt Associates
Jon Gettle, Prosecutor Impact
Jarvis Idowu, Prosecutor Impact
Candace Kenyatta, Grovider
Gabriel Rhoads, Project Evident
Thursday, October 29 | 2:30 – 3:15 p.m.
Session: Theory-Based Impact Evaluation – Combining Experimental Design with Theory-Based Evaluation
- Abstract 2: The Value of Using Experimental Design Features to Test Program Components’ Impacts
Authors: Laura Peck, Eleanor Harvill, Abt Associates
- Abstract 4: Modeling the Inner Workings of Programs: Applying Structural Equation Modeling to Theories of Change
Authors: Sebastian Lemire, Laura Peck, Abt Associates
*Presenter name in bold.