Abt Associates is defined by its mission: to improve the quality of life and economic well-being of people worldwide. Our global staff works in more than 60 countries and our work is funded by governments, international organizations and the private sector.
We depend on a variety of partner organizations, businesses, and independent contractors to support client projects. We focus on selecting the right partner by conducting competitive procurements to obtain the best value. Depending on the need and requirements, we issue tenders for quotations (RFQs), requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for information (RFIs), requests for applications (RFAs), and independent contractor opportunities. Our grant and tender processes are competitive and are consistent with the Australian Commonwealth Procurement and Grant Guidelines.
We do not accept unsolicited applications for opportunities that are not specified here.
Abt Associates on behalf of the Australian Government through the Kokoda Initiative Partnership (KIP) is seeking submissions from suitable organisations (consulting firms, non-profit organisations, academic institutions etc.) with the expertise and capability to Implement a Ranger Capacity Development Project (RCDP) for the Kokoda Track Authority (KTA).
The RCDP will focus on both field-based and classroom-based skill development tailored specifically for the Kokoda Track with a range of basic skills developed in 2021. High performing graduates from the basic course will receive additional advanced training leading to an internationally recognised qualification in 2022.
The Kokoda Initiative Partnership (KIP) is funded by the Government of Australia, through the Department for Foreign Affairs and Trade. Abt Associates is the managing contractor for KIP.
Objective – the RCDP will;
- Enable more effective management of the Kokoda Track, including the protection of its special military significance and its natural values.
- Promote the institutional strengthening of the KTA, through improved Ranger capacity, to manage the Kokoda Track more effectively.
- Ensure the Kokoda Track remains safe and accessible for communities and tourists, and its special military significance is protected.
- Deliver wider benefits and act as a model for effective protected area management across the country.
- Incrementally build and implement Ranger skills and capabilities over a two-year period as a pilot.
Those interested in participating in this competitive approach to market can request the Request For Proposal (RFP) documents from the Abt Associates Contact Officer at – firstname.lastname@example.org
RFP submission closes on Sunday 24 January 2021 at 5:00 PM, PNG local time.
- Parts 1-4 Request for Proposal
- Part 5 Proposal Response Schedule
- Part 6 Draft Contract
- Child Protection Policy for Partners
- KI-2020-052_Industrial Briefing minutes
- KI-2020-052_Addendum 1
Enquires should be made to email@example.com