Since indoor residual spraying was introduced to this village— with the continued community engagement and sensitization outreach and dialogue—there has been a huge change in the health of my family.
IRS beneficiary from Butaleja district
Despite facing significant economic challenges, Uganda has made great strides to improve the health and well-being of its people. Abt Associates-led projects have:
- Linked community groups with agricultural markets to promote food security and increase economic opportunities.
- Studied HIV-positive Ugandans’ treatment-seeking behavior.
- Provided antenatal and delivery services to rural mothers.
- Supported local governance and advocacy structures.
- Protected millions of people from malaria, significantly reducing the disease’s prevalence.
The number of people protected from malaria since 2009 by the Abt-led Uganda projects