Francoise Armand is a portfolio manager and senior private sector adviser providing technical leadership and support in international health.
She is responsible for supporting Abt’s private-sector health portfolio, and oversaw the DFID-supported Zambia Scaling Up Family Planning project. Armand has expertise in the area of market-based strategies for health, including total market initiatives under the USAID-funded Strengthening Health Outcomes through the Private Sector (SHOPS) project. She has more than 15 years of program management expertise in global health, with a focus on family planning and reproductive health, HIV and AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and maternal and child health.
She previously served as technical director and senior adviser on three private-sector projects funded by USAID’s Office of Population: Commercial Markets Strategies, Private Sector Partnerships-One, and SHOPS. She currently serves on the FP2020 Market Dynamics Working Group.
- Public-private partnerships for health
- Total market approaches
- Social marketing
- Corporate social responsibility
- Commodity supply chains
- Family planning, reproductive health, child health, maternal health
- HIV/AIDS, TB, malaria
- Languages: Bilingual French-English, Spanish (fluent), Portuguese (proficient)
- Commercial Markets Strategies (USAID)
- Private Sector Partnerships-One (USAID)
- Strengthening Health Outcomes for the Private Sector (USAID)
- Zambia Scaling Up Family Planning (DFID)