Tara Reed has over 15 years of experience in program level and system level leadership in the fields of homelessness and behavioral health. Her work with the U.S. Departments of Housing and Urban Development HUD and Veterans Affairs has been focused on system design, program practice implementation, meaningful partnerships with individuals with lived expertise and experiences, and transformative actions to build more equitable systems of care.
At Abt, Reed’s work has focused on equity, diversity, inclusivity, notably incorporating people with lived experiences in work centering around homelessness.
Prior to coming to Abt, Reed held several positions providing housing and behavioral health services in Los Angeles. A tenure at Mental Health America Los Angeles culminated in her role as Executive Director, Housing and Homeless Services. Throughout her time, Reed oversaw programs ranging from street outreach to rapid rehousing to permanent supportive housing. She also spent several years work supporting substance use disorder programs at Children’s Hospital-LA.
- Nonprofit capacity building
- Strategic planning and facilitation
- Technical assistance and capacity building
- Project management
- Behavioral health
- Project Director, SSVF Technical Assistance
- Facilitator, Lived Expertise Advisory Team, HUD Technical Assistance
- Co-Lead, HUD Technical Assistance, Program Practice
- Race Equity Advisory Team, HUD Technical Assistance
- Racial Equity Social Justice Team, VA HPO Technical Assistance